Are you currently enrolled in a library science/archives degree or in a related field, such as history, anthropology or theology, and are you looking to earn credit and increase your skills on a practical level?
We are looking for interns to help with the processing of these collections, specifically for the Spring 2013 semester. However, interns are wanted and needed throughout the duration of the project.
Please see the internship advertisement HERE for more information.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be currently enrolled in a master’s program.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- No prior specialist archival knowledge needed. Support and training available.
- Ability to lift heavy boxes (40lb) safely and handle weights of 15 pounds regularly.
- Organizational/office skills and experience. Familiarity with Word and Excel.
- Capacity to manage spiral staircase and work with dusty materials.
- Knowledge of other languages including German, French, Chinese and Japanese appreciated but not required.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following:
- Cover letter explaining your career objectives and what you hope to gain from the internship.
- Résumé detailing your education and work experiences.
Send these materials and/or other questions to the project archivist, Brigette Kamsler, at email@example.com. You can also leave a comment here and we will get in touch.
Hope to hear from you!