In mid-August Columbia University Libraries will launch a much-improved Borrow Direct website. You can expect to find:
- more ways to search the collections of the member libraries at Brown University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, the University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University, and Yale University
- a 6-week loan period, plus one 6-week renewal
- delivery services to more libraries on campus including Butler Library, Burke Library, Business and Economics Library, Engineering Library, Lehman Library, Social Work Library, Health Sciences Library, and Barnard Library
- integration of your Borrow Direct books into your My Account in CLIO
The World Bank e-library is a fully cross-searchable portal of over 5,000 World Bank documents. The database is searchable by region and topic; documents are available as PDFs.
Enter BMAP and hit the GO key. For more resources take a look at the Science and Engineering Libraries blog.
U.S. Census Bureau’s Housing Topics page has data on
- home ownership
- historical to present U.S. rental vacancies
- median asking and sale price for the U.S.
- tables on housing affordability
- …and more!
Picture courtesy of Flickr creative commons
In 2009, $93.2 billion worth of goods were traded between the United States and the United Kingdom, making the British, our adversary in 1776, our sixth-leading trading partner today.
Source: Foreign Trade Statistics
For more fun facts about the July 4th holiday see the U.S. Census Bureau website.
Image courtesy of Flickr creative commons