This month we held two coffee breaks in Watson Library for incoming students.
Students had the opportunity to participate in a raffle!
The winners are:
Zach Barbitta – $50 Amazon gift card
Courtney Asher – $25 Starbucks gift card
Sabrina Scandar – $25 Starbucks gift card
Congratulations to our winners and thanks to everyone who stopped by our coffee breaks last week!
Contact a librarian for research help:
- In person: Monday to Friday, 1pm to 5pm – ask for help at the service desk
- Phone: Call us at 212-854-7804
- Email [same day response on weekdays]
- Consultations: email to set up an appointment
- IM a research librarian for help with your research.
Search library resources:
- Consult our research guides
- List of business and economics databases
- Use CLIO, the Libraries catalog to search for books, journals, ebooks, ejournals, articles and more! Watch this short video to make the most out of CLIO!
Use the Columbia Libraries:
- Find a study space
- Reserve a study room in Watson [Business school students only]
- Reserve a study room in Butler, Lehman or the Science and Engineering Library
- Course reserves information
- Printing in the Watson Library
- Information about access to the libraries, loan periods, fines, etc.
Take advantage of workshops offered across the Columbia Libraries!
Workshops at the Digital Social Science Center (all sessions will take place in Lehman Library):
9/15, Noon to 1pm: Keep track of your research with Zotero
9/17, Noon to 1pm: Crash Course in Research Methodologies
9/23, Noon to 1pm: Find Free and Open Data
Learn to Map
9/25, 2pm to 4pm: ArcGIS
10/1, 2pm to 3pm: CartoDB
10/2, 2pm to 4pm: QGIS
10/22, 2pm to 3pm: Leaflet
Making Sense Series
10/8, 1pm to 2pm: Qualitative Data Analysis
10/15, 1pm to 2pm: Quantitative Data Analysis
10/19, 11am to Noon: Spatial Data Analysis
Business Research Series
10/6, 10am to 11am: Using Bloomberg
10/28, 10am to 11am: Crash Course in Business Research
More workshops to come in November (days and time to be decided)!
- Find Consumer Behavior Data (part of Business Research Series)
- Find Finance Data (part of Business Research Series)
- Qualitative Analysis with NVIVO
- Quantitative Analysis with SAS
- Quantitative Analysis with R
For more workshops check out the Libraries’ main workshops page.
Welcome to Columbia Business School! Looking for more information about Watson Library?
Take a look at our MBA guide – created especially for you!
We hope to see you at our upcoming coffee breaks: August 20 at 5:30pm and August 26 at 12:30pm