From 8am to 7pm, Monday to Friday, February 29th through March 10th, Watson Library is open to all current graduate students, undergraduates in economics, faculty and staff.
At all other times during these two weeks, i.e. after 7pm until close and all open hours on Saturday and Sunday, Watson Library is available to all University affiliates.
If you need materials or services during the 8am to 7pm period designated above and you are not in one of the groups listed please ask a library staff member for help.
Study space is also available in Butler Library, Lehman Library (3rd floor of the International Affairs Building), and the Science and Engineering Library (campus level of the NorthWest Corner Building).
Thomson One is a useful database for financial data on public companies, as well as merger and acquisition information and market data. Users can search and screen across databases to identify companies that meet your specific investment criteria as well as conduct peer analysis. Includes Investext, Private Equity database (Venturexpert) and Thomson Deals (SDC Platinum).
However it proves to be difficult because of its compatibility with only Internet Explorer (IE) pre-version 10. However this is a workaround with an extension/Addins for Chrome/Firefox.
Please note that not all functions are supported with this solution (i.e. downloading analyst reports).
Please note, this information was gathered from a various business libraries.
Contact a librarian for research help:
- In person: Monday to Friday, 1pm to 5pm – ask for help at the service desk
- Phone: Call us at 212-854-7804
- Email [24 hour response on weekdays]
- Consultations: email to set up an appointment
- IM a research librarian for help with your research.
Search library resources:
- Consult our research guides
- List of business and economics databases
- Use CLIO, the Libraries catalog to search for books, journals, ebooks, ejournals, articles and more! Watch this short video to make the most out of CLIO!
Use the Columbia Libraries:
- Find a study space
- Reserve a study room in Watson [Business school students only]
- Reserve a study room in Butler, Lehman or the Science and Engineering Library
- Course reserves information
- Printing in the Watson Library
- Information about access to the libraries, loan periods, fines, etc.