IHS Global Insight has economic forecasts, industry analysis and market intelligence for over 200 countries and 170 industries. With hundreds of expert economists and analysts worldwide, you can tap into our global economic outlook, analysis and data to monitor and assess business opportunities and risks around the world.
Detailed coverage of the U.S. and Global Economies
- Detailed analysis of industrial activity, business investment, consumer markets, housing, international trade, labor markets, energy, inflation, financial markets, government policy, and alternative scenarios
- U.S. regional analysis covering all 50 states, 390 metro areas, and 3,100 counties for 150 economic-performance indicators
- The largest repositories of global economic, financial, and industry data
- Economic data for over 200 countries and over 120 industries worldwide
Case studies are increasingly used in business education as they provide an ideal context in which the actual and the theoretical can be explored. A description of the Columbia CaseWorks program with information on obtaining copies of cases can be found at http://www4.gsb.columbia.edu/caseworks/about/
Many business schools have case study programs; cases can be identified and purchased from their websites. In the databases ABI/Inform Global and Business Source Complete the search interfaces have ‘case study’ filters and using these will find case study type materials in trade or professional publications. Some academic cases are also indexed here, most notably those from Harvard in Business Source Complete. These databases can be accessed from the dropdown menu on the Business & Economics Library homepage.
The Watson Library of Business & Economics will close at 7:00 pm on Friday, July 22. We have a major construction project this summer to improve our service profile. This closing will allow contractors to install extra connectivity and power in the floor of the main reading room where extra seating will be added.
Fourin, Inc is a research and publishing firm specializing in the global automotive industry. The Watson Library has acquired three of their reports on China – the 2010-2011 edition of their China Automotive Industry Yearbook [HD9710 .C6 C55]; the 2020 China Car market Forecast [HD9710 .C62 F68 2010]; and the China’s New-Energy Vehicle Industry report [TL 220 .C55 2011g].
These are hard copy reports available in the Reserves collection at the call numbers indicated parenthetically. Ask for them at the Circulation Desk.
Richard K. Miller publishes a series of marketing handbooks on many aspects of consumer markets in the United States. The Watson library has always acquired these in hard copy and now they are available also in a database – Business Source Complete. Typical titles are –
- Leisure Market Research Handbook
- Restaurant and Foodservice Market Research Handbook
- Hotels and Resorts
To see all the titles go to http://www.columbia.edu/cgi-bin/cul/resolve?clio4784657 and select Market Research Reports from the right hand sidebar. Select the ‘Publisher’ tab and then click on Richard K. Miller & Associates.
Watson Library now subscribes to several important real estate publications:
- Korpacz Real Estate Investor Survey [available at the reserves desk; HD1382.5 K67]
- Mortgage Market Alert [available at the reserves desk; KF691.A3 C64] – many thanks to the Milstein Real Estate Center for their generous support in purchasing this subscription.
- Real Estate Alert [available at the reserves desk; KF566.A3 R43]- many thanks to the Milstein Real Estate Center for their generous support in purchasing this subscription.
For more sources see Watson Library’s research guide on real estate and 24/7 Help database.