CB Insights provides daily real-time information about venture capital and angel investor backed start-up companies, venture capital companies, angel investors and transactions in the United States.
An account is required. Please use your Columbia email when registering for an account.
eMarketer aggregates research from the fields of digital marketing and media.
A few examples of reports available in eMarketer:
Preqin’s Infrastructure Online is “the leading source of intelligence on the infrastructure industry. This constantly updated resource includes details for all aspects of the asset class, including infrastructure transactions, fund managers, strategic investors and trade buyers, net-to-investor fund performance, fundraising information, institutional investor profiles and more.” (Publisher Information)
Columbia University Libraries now have access to Lipper Hedge Fund Database (TASS) via Wharton Research Data Services. Please note that Lipper Hedge Fund Database is accessible via Thomson Reuters underneath “Current Subscriptions” on the Wharton Research Data Services homepage.
“Thomson Reuters Lipper Hedge Fund database is an indispensable resource for institutional asset managers, high net worth investors and consultants who monitor the global hedge fund industry.
The Lipper Hedge Fund global database has been a reliable source of timely, high-quality hedge fund data for over 20 years.
Coverage from 1990
• Quantitative performance data on over 7,500 actively reporting Hedge funds and Funds of Hedge Funds
• Performance data on over 11,000 graveyard funds that have liquidated or stopped reporting
• Essential fund profile data including fund strategy, inception date, fund domicile and much more
• Full historical monthly price and performance, dating to fund inception
• Loaded with notes on value-add background information, detailing Manager Biographies, Fund Structure, etc.
• Analyze strategy trends by grouping funds into Investment, Sector, Geographical Focus
• Such data can be used by academics for granular research and publication purposes.
Lipper (formerly TASS) data is most frequently used Hedge Fund database for research due to its considerable coverage of live and dead hedge funds, compared with other hedge fund databases available for academic and commercial researchers.”
Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED) allows users to download, graph, and track 237,000 US and international time series from 68 sources. For details check out the post on Watson’s Facebook page!
Columbia University Libraries now have access to Global and China Industry Reports via IBISWorld.
The Forbes Archive contains indexing, abstracting, and full text for the complete archive of Forbes, beginning with its first issue in 1917 and ending in December 2000. The archive includes every issue cover to cover, though it does not appear that the advertisements are indexed in the full text search.
Capital Cube provides comprehensive stock analysis on over 45,000 stocks and ETFs including scores and in-depth reports on fundamental analysis, likely corporate actions, dividend quality, and earnings quality.
It is a great tool for fundamental analysis on companies as Capital Cube converts raw statistics into meaningful interpretations by comparing them to key competitors, and providing historical context.
CapEx provides information and data on investment projects that involve the setting up of new capacities in India.
- New capacities to be created in India
- Location of plant or facilities being created
- Costs involved in creating new capacities
- Name and contact details of promoters, co-promoters and other associates
- Progress of implementation based on
- scanning of company releases
- regular phone calls to promotors & contractors
- scanning of media coverage
- Expected date of completion of projects
Prowess is a database of the financial performance of over 27,000 companies. It includes all companies traded on the National Stock Exchange and the Bombay Stock Exchange, thousands of unlisted public limited companies and hundreds of private limited companies. It also includes a number of important business entities that are not registered companies. Prowess contains time-series data from 1989-90. It is updated continuously.
– from vendor web site
Columbia Business School Private Equity Program has arranged a Capital IQ database training session on October 12th.
Location: URIS 307
Please RSVP to Private Equity Program <firstname.lastname@example.org> if you are interested in attending.