Remember your access to the Columbia Libraries continues after you graduate!
Access to our licensed electronic databases continues for a period of three months beyond the degree conferral date. After this period the Libraries provide alumni with remote access to a small set of databases. See the Libraries’ Alumni and Friends website for a list.
Recent alumni may use libraries spaces for a period of thirty days after the date of graduation using their student ID cards. After thirty days, alumni must obtain an alumni card in the Library Information Office in Room 201 of Butler Library.
For more information on alumni privileges, see:
Access to Columbia’s Libraries for Alumni
The Watson Library will open until 1am tonight, Thursday, 12/13/12
Our extended hours for the rest of the week are:
Thursday, 12/13/12: 8am -1am
Friday, 12/14/12: 8am-11pm
Saturday, 12 15/12: 10am-11pm
Sunday, 12/16/12 10am – 1am
Monday, 12/17/12: 8am – 2am
Tuesday, 12/18/12: 8am- 2am
For hours at other libraries around campus see: http://hours.library.columbia.edu/
Good luck on your finals.
Congratulations graduates! Columbia alumni have lifelong access to Columbia Libraries!
Physical collections and spaces:
- Alumni have remote access to databases, ejournals and ebooks for about three months after graduation. Once this grace period ends alumni can use most of these resources from any library on campus.
- Alumni have remote access to a set of databases including Factiva, Jstor, and Proquest. These resources must be accessed from the Libraries’ Alumni and Friends website.
- Alumni are welcome to avail themselves of our librarians and subject experts! For more information see Ask a Librarian!
Alumni still have access to the Columbia University Libraries!
See this document for more information.
Commencement of the 253rd Academic Year Credit: Eileen Barroso / Columbia University Contact: email@example.com
The staff of the Watson Library extend a warm welcome to all new students!
Useful links and information about Watson Library:
– Library hours
– Library floor plans [The second mezzanine is an oasis of quiet study space!]
–Reserve a study room [There are 34 study rooms in the Watson Library; same day reservations are allowed.]
– Research help [Yes! You can IM a librarian!]
– Information about items on reserve at the Library
– List of business and economics databases [with descriptions!]
Business school students can now reserve a study room on the same day! **Please note that students who reserve a room on the same day should print out their reservation and bring it with them to the room. **
To schedule a room or to find out if a room is booked please see the online reservation system found at… http://watson.gsb.columbia.edu/
Did you know that you can use the phones in the study rooms for conference calls? For more information see: Study rooms – phone instructions.
iPhone icon from: Flickr
– Log in to the Watson Room Scheduler with your lifetime GSB ID. Please do NOT use your Columbia UNI.
-Click on LIBRARY STUDY ROOM SCHEDULER
-Select the date and time and submit your reservation
-You will receive a confirmation with room # information via email.
For more information about the study rooms see: http://watson.gsb.columbia.edu/
If you are experiencing problems with the study room scheduler, please contact ITG at… firstname.lastname@example.org
Search CLIO, the library’s online catalog!
For information about checking out reserve items see: reserves policies
For help using CLIO watch our online tutorials at: Library Essentials
Changes are coming! Business school students can now reserve a study room on the same day! **Please note that students who reserve a room on the same day should print out their reservation and bring it with them to the room. **
To schedule a room see the online reservation system found at… http://watson.gsb.columbia.edu/