Columbia University Libraries now have access to GMI Analyst Accounting and Governance Risk (AGR) ratings on 9,000 companies in nearly 60 emerging market countries.
See below for a list of useful databases that will help kick-start your research:
For issues in the industry highlighted by corporate social responsibility analysts:
A list of useful databases for interview preparation
For more information consult the handout for the library orientation session.
GMI Analyst “is a comprehensive web-based platform providing research, ratings, real-time updates, robust search functionality and analytical tools to help clients assess issuer risk. The research platform provides:
- ESG ratings, research and real-time updates on about 6,000 companies worldwide based on 150 carefully selected risk factors (ESG KeyMetrics®)
- AGR® ratings, research and real-time updates on about 18,000 companies worldwide based on more than 50 discrete risk factors
- Environmental performance data from Trucost, the world’s leading provider of comparative data on corporate environmental impacts, including Greenhouse Gases (GHGs), water, waste, pollutants and natural resource dependency.
- Unique data on litigation and financial-distress risk
- Daily and weekly updates, quarterly ratings reviews and event-driven analysis
- Robust search functionality, screening and analytical tools, including WatchLists, Portfolio Analysis, Alerts, Industry Browser, and peer-group analysis.
- Regular support of GMI Analyst functionality and tools.”
— From the publisher
Columbia University Libraries have upgraded IBISWorld to include the following modules:
- US Specialized Industry Reports
- US Industry Archives
- US Risk Ratings Reports
- US iExpert Summaries with Risk
The US Specialized Industry Reports currently cover 518 small or new industries based on NAICS, ranging from Advisory & Financial Services industries to Technology industries.
“IBISWorld’s 700 Industry Risk Ratings analyses determine how much risk an industry, at the 5-digit NAICS level, will face over the next 18 months by assessing the operating conditions; industry structure, revenue outlook and key drivers.”
Global Insight provides comprehensive economic, financial, and political coverage on over 200 countries and more than 170 industries. Detailed country information and analysis on political, economic, legal, tax, operational, and security environments are available under “country intelligence”. Special country reports and risk ratings are also included, with historical reports going back to 1992.
“Economic and Financial Data” section provides a wealth of economic and financial data around the world. Data on macroeconomic, financial, industry, international trade, and forecasts can be accessed and retrieved using the Global Insight’s Data-Insight Web tool or the QuickData XLS software.