IBISWorld provides industry research reports for all of the 723 industries in the United States as categorized by the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS). IBISWorld research reports contain trends, statistics and analysis on market size, market share of competitors, and industry growth rates. Each report includes leading companies, products and markets, industry outlook, competitive landscape, industry life cycle, operating conditions, and key statistics. Performance analysis includes emerging industry trends as well as recent production performance and 5-year forecasts.
There is a new feature available in Google Docs called “Research Tool.”
The Research tool makes it easy to add information from the web to your documents. To access the tool:
- Select the Research option from the Tools menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut (Cmd + Opt + R on Mac, Ctrl + Alt + R on PC).
- Right-click on a specific word and select Research.
The Research tool will appear along the right-hand side of your document. You can start a search by typing into the search bar. You can narrow your search to specific types of results (e.g. images, quotations) by using the drop-down menu in the search bar.
Researching different types of information relevant to your document
When conducting a search, the Research tool will show you different types of results — web results, images, quotations, maps, reviews, and more.
Use the back arrow to the left of the search bar to return to the previous page of your search results and the forward arrow to move forward in your search results.
Click here for more information about the new Research Tool for use in Google Docs.
Barclays Capital Live is now available in the Watson Library. Replacing the Lehman Live database, Barclays Capital Live provides access to Barclays Capital’s world class research including Barclays Capital’ indices, global forecasts, market monitors, analytical tools, and publications.
- Over 80 sophisticated analytical tools
- More than 25 market monitors
- Award-winning global Research
- #1 Web Based Tools – August 2009 – //Institutional Investor//
- #1 Equity Research for seven consecutive years – October 2009 – //Institutional Investor//
- #1 Fixed Income Research for ten consecutive years – September 2009 – //Institutional Investor//
- Industry-leading Index franchise
- Access to award-winning electronic trading service, BARX (if applicable)
- POINT— Award-winning Portfolio Optimization and Index Tool
- Prime Services cross-asset tools “
This database is available on a dedicated computer terminal under the sign of “Barclays Capital Live” near the service desk.
Based on actual questions received from Columbia students,
24/7 Help directs you to the best databases and sources for your research topic.