Nineteenth Century Collections Online (NCCO): Science, Technology, and Medicine, 1780-1925, part II was recently added to the Columbia University Libraries.
This second part of the Science Technology and Medicine collection includes some three million pages of scientific material from the late seventeenth century through the first quarter of the twentieth century, with a primary focus on the nineteenth century.
- Academies of Science Publications
- Natural History
- Rise of Public Health in England and Wales
These complement the material in the first Science, Technology, and Medicine collection which include:
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia: Minutes and Correspondence
- American Medical Periodicals
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Civil Engineering
- Color Theory and Practice
- Electricity and Electromagnetism
- Evolution and Origin of Species
- Reports of Explorations Printed in the Documents of the United States Government
- Scientific and Technical Periodicals from the Royal Society of London’s Catalogue of Scientific Papers
If you have a questions about this database, or any other research question, please visit, call, email or text us.