Close to 40% of our print collections are now available through Hathi Trust Emergency Temporary Access.
- After connecting to Hathi Trust from the list, scroll down to see the “Temporary Access” link.
Then Check Out the item you need. If you connect from the links within a single CLIO record, you will be taken directly to the Check Out screen. If you do not see the Check Out option, Log in in the upper right corner.
- “Temporary Access” volumes are intended to be read online,
though it is possible to download single pages.Downloading of single pages has been discontinued by Hathi Trust.
- These links appear only in the CLIO records for physical books and journals. If you limit a search to “online” you will not see these links.
- Students, staff, and faculty are able to “check out” a volume for 1 hour. Access will renew automatically at the end of that hour, unless another user has requested the title. Only one person may use a volume at a time. Please “return” titles when not in use. The number of simultaneous users per title is limited to the number of physical copies we own.
- If you do not see the “check out” box, you may need to log in first, selecting Columbia University as your home institution.