The World Bank has launched a series of apps for the iPhone and iPad. There are four now, with more coming later this year — all free and available for download from iTunes:
World Bank Results at a Glance is a free app that highlights 450+ results profiles across more than 85 countries over the last decade. It includes projects profiles and data collected from projects in which the World Bank partnered with developing countries toward progress on one or more of the Millennium Development Goals, and projects that advanced sectoral or thematic work in core international development areas.
Streamlined and to the point, World Bank InfoFinder . . .
- Takes you to the most recent content available for six regions in a constantly refreshed feed
- Explains the Access to Information Policy, including its purpose, the list of exceptions, the appeals process, multiple language versions of the policy, and more
- Describes how and where to find content, including GIS mapping of Depository Libraries and Public Information Centers around the world
- Plus Glossary, Request Form, Search worldbank.org, Favorites, and more
The free World Bank DataFinder app lets you access 50 years of World Bank data on global economic indicators, chart and visualize that data, and share those charts for use in your presentations, research, and projects. The DataFinder is perfect for students, professors, economists, researchers, and anyone looking to quickly access global economic indicators and trends.
In addition, you can . . .
- Display charts with multiple countries and indicators
- Easily switch between table, line and bar charts
- Save reports to your Favorites
- Share reports via email and CSV files
Doing Business at a Glance draws on the data and information from the World Bank’s popular Flagship Doing Business which measures the ease of doing business according to business regulations in 183 economies. Once downloaded, this new free app offers portable access to the most recent rankings and data from 2010 and 2011 � without the need for an Internet connection.
Doing Business at a Glance lets you:
- View the 2010 and 2011 rankings and indicators, along with business reform summaries for each economy
- Compare 2010 and 2011 rankings and indicators from economy to economy or economy to region
- Sort economies by their "ease of doing business" ranking or any of the other rankings and indicators
- Read the complete published Doing Business 2010 and Doing Business 2011 reports