As of last month, I have taken over responsibility for selecting professional literature from Kate Harcourt. I encourage any and all suggestions for additions to the collection. Please email me if you find resources you believe would benefit CUL’s professional staff in the field of library and information science. (Books on highly specific subjects which would reside with you and/or your department should be purchased on administrative funds…ask your department head!)
The following is a list of recent acquisitions of interest to CUL librarians, information professionals, and staff. All of the titles below are in Butler stacks. Look for a list of new titles in each issue of Inside CUL.
* Strategies for sustaining digital libraries / edited by Katherine Skinner and Martin Halbert. Atlanta, Ga. : Emory University Digital Library Publications, c2008. ZA4080 .S77 2008g
* Usage statistics of e-serials / David C. Fowler, editor. Binghamton : Haworth Information Press, c2007. Z692.E43 U83 2007
* Copyright policies / compiled by Patricia Keogh, Rachel Crowley. Chicago : College Library Information Packet Committee, College Libraries Section, Association of College and Research Libraries, 2008. Z649.L53 C67 2008g
* Professional liability issues for librarians and information professionals / Paul D. Healey. New York : Neal-Schuman Publishers, c2008. KF4316 .H43 2008
* The future of information architecture : conceiving a better way to understand taxonomy, network, and intelligence / Peter Baofu. Oxford : Chandos, 2008. Z666.5 .B36 2008g
* Openness in digital publishing : awareness, discovery, and access : proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Electronic Publishing, Vienna, June 13-15, 2007 / editors, Leslie Chan, Bob Martens ; organised by the Vienna University of Technology (Vienna, Austria). Vienna : IRIS-ISIS Publications, 2007. Z286.E43 I59 2007
* International encyclopedia of information and library science / edited by John Feather and Paul Sturges. 2nd ed. London ; New York : Routledge, 2003. Z1006 .I57 2003
* Introduction to metadata / edited by Murtha Baca. 2nd ed. QA76.9.D3 I599 2008
* Against the grain. Z689.5.U6 A33 At long last! 2008 issues available now in PMRR.
* The grey journal : an international journal on grey literature. Z1033.G73 G74 2008 issues available now in PMRR; the complete print back run (2005-2007) has been purchased and is currently at the bindery.