Online Presentations of the Makino Symposium on YouTube

Since today is 12/12/12, it seems appropriate that we can now announce that the digital remarks and presentations of the Makino Symposium of 11/11/11 have just been made available online for viewing on Columbia’s YouTube channel.  Twelve remarks/presentations from the symposium, “The Makino Collection at Columbia: the Present and Future of an Archive,” are now linked from the Symposium webpage.

The Makino Symposium and its digitized presentations are the first in a series that will form a digital library of research on and online access to the unique archival materials at Starr Library.  We hope that this new digital library builds a global community of scholars who will benefit from the research on these special materials.

This entry was posted in symposium on by .

About Beth Katzoff

I am the Archivist for the Makino Collection as well as a Public Services Librarian at C.V. Starr East Asian Library. I began processing the Collection in mid-September, 2008. In 2000, I received a Ph.D. from Columbia University in Japanese History. My dissertation focused on Japanese feminist responses to the Asia-Pacific War (1931-1945). I have been working in libraries ever since - The Library of Congress, Cornell University's Asia Collections, and now Columbia.