Who will be the next Supreme Court Justice to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy?
The confirmation hearings to vet this administration’s nominee have begun. Reporters are describing what went down on day one as unlike anything they’ve seen before in, collectively, years of judicial reporting.
While you watch and wait to see what happens, stop into the RBML’s Center for Oral History Archives and read transcripts with past Justices.
Here are the interview transcripts we have available in our reading room:
- Justice Potter Stewart (1958 – 1981)
- Justice Stanley Forman Reed (1938 – 1957)
- Justice Thurgood Marshall (1967 – 1991)
- Justice Robert Houghwout Jackson (1941 – 1954)
- Justice John Paul Stevens (1975 – 2010)