Finals are right around the corner, and we realize finding study space can be challenging during this time. You are likely aware that some of the most utilized libraries at Columbia include Butler Library, Lehman Library, and the Science and Engineering Library. The Study Spaces Guide is an excellent resource in choosing study space best suited for specific needs, and the Hours page will have the most up-to-date information regarding study times in all Libraries spaces. As a reminder, drinks should be in spill-proof containers, and please be considerate of your fellow students by taking your belongings when you leave.
Having trouble finding a spot? Branch out and study in a library you've never visited. The Burke Library at Union Theological Seminary has three floors of study areas including common work tables, the Music & Arts Library in 701 Dodge has, in addition to nice views, many individual power-equipped study spaces and the Mathematics Library in 303 Mathematics is equipped with individual study areas and computer work stations. For quiet study, visit the Geology Library in 603 Schermerhorn or the Starr East Asian Library. Also, don't forget about the Room Scheduler to book a room for practicing presentations, holding group meetings, etc.
Many Libraries spaces have extended hours during this time. The list below includes the study space hours for the weeks of May 6th and 13th. To find a library best suited for a certain purpose (group study areas, quiet study, food nearby, etc.), please refer to the Study Spaces Guide. All libraries are equipped with Wi-Fi.
- Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library M-Th: 9am-11pm. F: 9am-9pm. Sat: 10am-7pm. Sun: 12pm-10pm.
- Barnard College Library Open 24 hours.
- Burke Library at Union Theological Seminary M-Th: 8:30am-12am. F: 8:30am-5pm. Sat: 10am-5pm. Sun: 1pm-10pm.
- Butler Library Open 24 hours.
- Engineering Library M-Th: 9am-11pm. F: 9am-6pm. Sat: 11am-6pm. Sun: 11am-10pm.
- Geology Library M-Th: 9am-10pm. F: 9am-5pm. Sat: 12pm-5pm. Sun: 2pm-10pm.
- Lehman Social Sciences Library M-Th: 9am-12am. F: 9am-10pm. Sat: 10am-10pm. Sun: 11am-12am.
- Mathematics Library M-Th: 9am-11pm. F: 9pm-6pm. Sat: 11am-6pm. Sun: 2pm-10pm.
- Music & Arts Library M-Th: 9am-9pm. F: 9am-5pm. Sat: 12pm-8pm. Sun: 1pm-9pm.
- Jewish Theological Seminary Library M-Th:8am-8pm. Sun: 10:30am-7pm.
- Science & Engineering Library M-Th: 9am-3am. F: 9am-9pm. Sat: 11am-6:30pm. Sun: 11am-3am.
*This library will also remain open until 3am on Friday, 5/10 and Saturday, 5/11.
- Starr East Asian Library M-Th: 9am-12pm. F: 9am-9pm. Sat: 10am-10pm.
- Watson Library of Business and Economics M-Th: 8am-12am. F: 8am-10pm. Sat: 10am-9pm. Sun: 10am-11pm. **From May 5th to May 17th, the Business & Economics Library will be open to graduate students, faculty, and undergraduates majoring in Economics only. Students not in these groups but who need to utilize reserve materials, books in the stacks, databases, or research assistance available only in the the Business & Economics Library should speak to a library staff member for access.