Columbia University Libraries is pleased to announce that six libraries are now open for study space by appointment or reservation to Columbia University students who are approved to return to campus. Seats may be reserved for up to two hours per day in Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library, Business & Economics Library, Butler Library, Lehman Social Sciences Library, and the Science & Engineering Library. Reservations may be made up to two weeks in advance.
Prior to entering a library, students must complete the University’s Symptom Self-Check, receive a green pass from the app, make a seat reservation, and review the terms for using the Libraries, which are as follows:
- Wear a face covering at all times.
- Maintain six feet of physical distance from other library users.
- Arrive on time for your reservation.
- Check in when you arrive and check out when your reservation ends.
- Food is not permitted.
- Leave furniture in place.
- Wipe down surfaces before you leave.
- Wash your hands after touching shared surfaces.
- Only Libraries staff are permitted to handle books; use clio.columbia.edu for online access or to request a book for pick-up.
Seat reservations and other library services are subject to change. Please continue to visit library.columbia.edu for the latest service information.