Several of our libraries will have shortened hours on Election Day, Tuesday, November 8. Please see below for a schedule of temporary changes to libraries’ hours.
- Business & Economics Library: CLOSED
- C.V. Starr East Asian Library: 9am – 7pm
- Geology Library: 9am – 5pm
- Health Sciences Library: 9am – 5pm
- Lehman Social Sciences Library: 9am – 5pm
- Mathematics Library: 9am – 5pm
- Music & Arts Library: 9am – 5pm
- Science & Engineering Library: 9am – 5pm
- Social Work Library: 10am – 6pm
Any library not listed here will operate as usual. Libraries will return to their regularly scheduled hours on Wednesday, November 9.
Due to the inclement weather, Columbia University Libraries facilities will close at 4:00pm on Friday, February 8. Butler Library will maintain normal hours as a study hall only during this period.
All facilities will remain closed on Saturday, February 9. Again, Butler Library will maintain normal hours as a study hall only during this period.
All facilities will reopen and maintain a regular schedule on Sunday, February 10.
More information about weather related closures at Columbia University can be found at preparedness.columbia.edu/alerts/.
Stay warm and safe!
Students, researchers and faculty, plan your study time and research hours accordingly! This week the libraries will operate on a modified schedule.
For the hours of all libraries on campus, please visit http://hours.library.columbia.edu/. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Welcome to summer! Summer hours are in effect.
Please be sure to check out the libraries hours page for changes to individual library schedules.
In coordination with the Presidential visit to Columbia University on Monday, May 14, the following libraries will be closed:
- Butler Library
- Journalism Library
- Music & Arts Library
- C.V. Starr East Asian Library
For those in need of work space or computer facilities, other library facilities will be open normal hours. Please check the Library Hours page for availability.
The Libraries' Ask-A-Librarian service will be available for remote research and study assistance via chat, text, and email.
All libraries will be open normal hours on Tuesday, May 15.
The Libraries are here to support you throughout the end of the semester! Here’s how:
- Extended hours in Graduate Rooms in Butler from December 13-23.
- Stressbusters will be in Butler 203 on Wednesday, December 14, giving backrubs, tips for reducing stress and more. Librarians will also be on hand to answer questions and hand out healthy study snacks. Check out Facebook for more info.
- Research Librarians and Subject Specialists – find them at the Butler Reference Desk or contact a staff member directly.
- Librarians are available to answer questions through email, text, and chat.
- Keep up-to-minute with Library news by following us on Facebook and Twitter.
Anything else we can do? Let us know! Happy studying! Go get ’em! Roar!
You asked for it and you got it!
The Libraries are extending study hours in select graduate reading rooms on the 5th and 6th floors of Butler this semester. Extended hours will begin at 11:00pm on Tuesday 12/13 and run through 7:00pm on Friday 12/23.
The rooms will be open 23 hours a day 12/13-12/23. The Libraries are offering these extended study hours as a trial, and future extended hours during finals periods will depend on the success of this pilot.
You can help us continue to offer extended hours during future readings days and finals by observing room guidelines:
- Quiet, individual study.
- No food or drink.
- No camping (saving seats).
- Be courteous.
- Take your belongings when you leave.
*Rooms will close from 5:00am-6:00am for daily room maintenance. Rooms excluded from the extended hours include 601, 602, 603 and 604.
Plan your study time and research hours accordingly. Next week the libraries will operate on a modified schedule.
The schedule for Butler Library is below.
For the hours of other libraries on campus, please visit http://hours.library.columbia.edu/. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Welcome to summer! Summer hours are in effect. Please be sure to check out the libraries hours page for changes to individual library schedules.
Spring break hours at most libraries begin on Friday, March 11. Below is a quick look at the hours at Butler starting today. Please see our comprehensive list of spring break hours for all of Columbia’s libraries