Although the new StaffWeb is live and most of the content is now managed by CQ, the Libraries' Web CMS, the LDPD web team is still finishing up some remaining tasks to complete the transition. Here's the list of outstanding issues, and we'll keep this up to date as we work to resolve them over the next couple of weeks:
Top Priority Tasks:
- Login to StaffWeb fails when using the Internet Explorer web browser.
- Update 2012-09-06: Some versions of IE are now working.
- Currently it is not possible to login to StaffWeb using IE (Microsoft Internet Explorer) web browser. This issue actually affects other CU services as well, including Google Calendar. CUIT is actively working on the problem, although a timetable for a fix has not been announced. We'll keep you posted. In the meantime, all other browsers should work.
- Some forms from various units have not yet been migrated to new StaffWeb.
- Update 2012-09-16: Migration of the CUL Email Alias Maintenance Form is in progress. All other forms have been migrated.
- We're still working to migrate a number of the web forms available on StaffWeb. This transition should be completed soon. In the meantime versions of the old forms should continue to be fully functioning and directly accessible through links on the new site.
- Login required to access the StaffWeb homepage. (Fixed)
- Unlike old SWIFT, the new StaffWeb currently requires you to login to access top-level pages, including the StaffWeb homepage. We expect to have the old behavior restored soon, keeping in mind that StaffWeb is for CUL/IS staff, and access to anything but top-level menu pages will still require UNI login.
- StaffWeb search is still indexing old SWIFT rather than new StaffWeb.
- Update 2012-09-06: CUIT is in the process of updating the GSA infrastructure. That work is expected to be comleted by 2012-09-16, afterwhich the Libraries will be able to make the necessary changes to StaffWeb search indexes.
- The CUIT Google Search Appliance (GSA) which powers the Libraries' website searches including StaffWeb has not yet been reconfigured to index the new website. We're working with CUIT to make the updates and expect the results to reflect those changes soon.
- StaffWeb search still has the old SWIFT look and feel.
- The StaffWeb search results screen is among a few services outside of the CQ Web CMS which needs to have its design updated to the new look and feel. We'll be working to update the search interface as soon as developer resources become available.
- Some content, primarily related to web development, has not yet been migrated to new StaffWeb.
- There is still some content (image galleries, sitemaps, etc.) which remains to be migrated into the CQ Web CMS. This work will be pursued as time allows in the context of competing priorities. Most of this content is related to web development, and remains available on old SWIFT. If there's particular content you consider a priority for migration, please let us know.
- Staff-oriented blogs still have the old SWIFT look and feel.
- Staff-oriented blogs are among a few services outside of the CQ Web CMS which need to have their design updated to the new look and feel. This work will be deferred until after the completion of competing priorities and in the context of other upgrades to the blog infrastructure.
If you encounter missing content or other problems with using StaffWeb, please notify the web team by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to all of you for your patience and support!
– The LDPD Web Team