The Bloomberg Businessweek archive contains the full text of Businessweek from its first issue in September 1929 to December 2000. Later issues (1996 to present) are available in the database, Business Source Complete.
The Forbes Archive contains indexing, abstracting, and full text for the complete archive of Forbes, beginning with its first issue in 1917 and ending in December 2000. The archive includes every issue cover to cover, though it does not appear that the advertisements are indexed in the full text search.
The Economist Historical Archive delivers a complete searchable copy of every issue of The Economist from 1843 to 2010.
In more than 8,000 issues since its first publication in 1843, The Economist has presented timely reporting, concise commentary and comprehensive analysis of global news every week. With objective authority, clarity and wit, The Economist presents the worlds political, business, scientific, technological and cultural developments and the connections between them. Because of its global editorial perspective, it is read by more of the worlds political and business leaders than any other magazine.
The Economist Historical Archive delivers a complete searchable copy of every issue of The Economist from 1843 to 2010. Full-colour images, multiple search indexes, and the facility to browse each and every issue – all combine to offer a unique primary source covering the 19th and 20th centuries.
— from vendor web site
The Financial Times Historical Archive delivers the complete searchable run of the world’s most authoritative daily business newspaper. Every item ever printed in the paper, from 1888-2010, can be searched and browsed article by article and page by page.
Founded to serve the immediate needs of the City of London, the Financial Times quickly broadened its coverage, recognising that global financial and economic issues were to become the predominant forces of the twentieth century.
Incorporating its rival the Financial News in 1945, the Financial Times expanded in the post-war years, reporting on topics such as industry, energy and international politics in full for the first time. In the final decades of the twentieth century, coverage of management, personal finance and the arts was added, to make the paper what it is now—a complete general newspaper for the businessman.
The historical archive of the Financial Times , which is today distributed on its distinctive pink paper to more than a million readers worldwide, is an essential, comprehensive and unbiased research tool for everyone studying the public affairs and financial history of the last 120 years.
— from vendor web site
Thomson Reuters Private Markets offers coverage and commentary on the world’s private equity and venture capital marketplaces. Private Markets provides access to the breaking news, industry research, and trend analysis from the editors of Buyouts magazine and Venture Capital Journal. The “Search the archive” search box on the homepage provides archival access to over 100,000 private equity and venture capital articles dating back more than 20 years.
From the vendor:
- Established in 1961, Venture Capital Journal is an indispensable source of intelligence for the venture capital community in the US and throughout Europe.
- For nearly 25 years, Buyouts has provided readers with comprehensive deal and fund news, personality profiles, expert analysis and a wealth of proprietary data for the private equity market.
Access it through our Economist Intelligence Unit [publisher of the Economist] subscription.
While you are there check out the EIU’s country reports, industry briefings and more!
The Libraries is pleased to announce a new and improved E-Journals search. The new search provides access e-journals through a browsable A-to-Z title list, title searching, and subject browsing. (Note: E-Journals search allows you to search for a particular journal, rather than for articles within a journal.)
Search options include
- “Title begins with” search, also allows you to search using title abbreviations, such as “J Finance”
- A “Title equals” will do an exact title search
- “Title contains all words” performs a keyword search within journal titles
Search results will connect you to the online content of the e-journal. There may be multiple copies, as seen below with Journal of Finance, detailing the date runs held by each publisher.
To the right of the journal title in the results screen, the options for “Look up Article” and “More Full Text Options” integrate the Citation Finder and e-Link to help you connect to the full-text efficiently.
- Capital IQ
Business school students and faculty can access Capital IQ both on and off campus: Go to http://my.gsb.columbia.edu/, log in, and then choose the Capital IQ hyperlink on the next page. [you must have an account]. Non-business school affiliates may use Capital IQ in the Business and Economics library. Access is available on two terminals near the circulation desk
- Galante’s Venture Capital and Private Equity Directory [CD -loaded on one terminal near the service desk; also available in print on the directories shelf, HG4961.V36]
- Preqin global private equity review [HG4751.P74, reserves]
An annual publication that provides an overview and detailed analysis of the global private equity industry, data and statistics on fundraising, performance, and deals data, etc., and reference guides for different aspects of the industry.
- VentureXpert (via Thomson ONE Banker w/Street Events– click on Private Equity tab)
Historical venture capital and private equity deals and industry statistics.
For more sources see the library’s guide on Alternative Investment.
Watson Library now subscribes to several important real estate publications:
- Korpacz Real Estate Investor Survey [available at the reserves desk; HD1382.5 K67]
- Mortgage Market Alert [available at the reserves desk; KF691.A3 C64] – many thanks to the Milstein Real Estate Center for their generous support in purchasing this subscription.
- Real Estate Alert [available at the reserves desk; KF566.A3 R43]- many thanks to the Milstein Real Estate Center for their generous support in purchasing this subscription.