Columbia University Libraries now have access to Lipper Hedge Fund Database (TASS) via Wharton Research Data Services. Please note that Lipper Hedge Fund Database is accessible via Thomson Reuters underneath “Current Subscriptions” on the Wharton Research Data Services homepage.
“Thomson Reuters Lipper Hedge Fund database is an indispensable resource for institutional asset managers, high net worth investors and consultants who monitor the global hedge fund industry.
The Lipper Hedge Fund global database has been a reliable source of timely, high-quality hedge fund data for over 20 years.
Coverage from 1990
• Quantitative performance data on over 7,500 actively reporting Hedge funds and Funds of Hedge Funds
• Performance data on over 11,000 graveyard funds that have liquidated or stopped reporting
• Essential fund profile data including fund strategy, inception date, fund domicile and much more
• Full historical monthly price and performance, dating to fund inception
• Loaded with notes on value-add background information, detailing Manager Biographies, Fund Structure, etc.
• Analyze strategy trends by grouping funds into Investment, Sector, Geographical Focus
• Such data can be used by academics for granular research and publication purposes.
Lipper (formerly TASS) data is most frequently used Hedge Fund database for research due to its considerable coverage of live and dead hedge funds, compared with other hedge fund databases available for academic and commercial researchers.”