New Database Trial:Taylor & Francis E-books

Taylor & Francis E-books

It offers instant access to the world's premier Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences and Law content — from renowned imprints such as Routledge, Psychology Press and Focal Press.

Access:IP

Selector: Fadi Dagher

The trial will run through October 26, 2012.

2 thoughts on “New Database Trial:Taylor & Francis E-books

1. I'm not that impressed with the search platform, especially when compared to Ebrary.   I'm able to do proximity searches (e.g. "title ix women"~20) and get a list of results, but I'm not able to see the results within the text of the book.  If I go to a title, I can only do Adobe PDF searches of single words or phrases, I can't seem to do a proximity search and see the actual results of my search.  But maybe I'm missing something.

It looks like it is possible to download PDFs, but not other formats. 
    The titles looks useful.  I was looking at the sport & society titles.   Is this a subscription database, or do we purchase modules/books that we own in perpetuity?  All of the titles I checked were also available from Ebscohost and Ebrary.   I'd be hesitant to buy them on this platform because the interface seems so weak.

2. I like the title list. There are a lot of sustainability titles seems interdisciplanary.
    Are these for purchase or subscription?   I like that they are downloadable PFDs- that is preferred by my patrons.

Though of the Earth and Environmental titles I spot checked we seemed to already own them in print and had access to them electronically another way…  such as through the NetBase databases.