A number of major electronic resources were purchased for Columbia students and faculty in June, at the close of the FY:
- The “Iskusstvo Kino Digital Archive” captures the complete run (1931-2012) of this esteemed monthly publication in a complete online archive, in full-image and fully searchable text. https://resolver.library.columbia.edu/clio10261197
- The “Slavic Humanities Index Database” indexes some 150 major scholarly and cultural journals and series produced in Eastern Europe (most especially Ukraine) from 1994 to the present. The Database contains more than 165,000 records and is continuously updated. https://resolver.library.columbia.edu/clio10258416
- EBSCO Central & Eastern European Academic Source provides access to full-text journals, serials, and reports on a wide array of topics. A list of titles is found here: http://www.ebscohost.com/titleLists/e5h-coverage.pdf
The URL of the resource itself is found at: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=ehost&defaultdb=e5h
- The “Jewish Theater Under Stalinism” database contains digitized documents from the Russian State Archive of Literature and Art (RGALI) in Moscow concerning the Moscow State Jewish Theater and the affiliated Moscow State Jewish Theater School (MGETU). https://resolver.library.columbia.edu/clio10275782
- “The Stalin Digital Archive” database is the result of many years of collaboration between Yale University Press and the Russian State Archive of Social and Political History (RGASPI). RGASPI documents from Stalin’s personal papers will eventually number over 400,000 pages. The SDA also includes access to the complete Annals of Communism series, with twenty-five volumes of scholarly commentary, annotation, and interpretation of documents from state and party archives selected by teams of Western and Russian editors. https://resolver.library.columbia.edu/clio10275929
If you have questions, contact Rob Davis in Global Studies.