Try Shorts, a new DHC Workshop series!
These 20-minute lightning sessions are arranged thematically.
Feel free to take one, two, or all three sessions during the hour.
All sessions take place in Butler 306.
Available to all active Columbia UNI holders. To register, see:
Click on course name and then "Register for this Event"
July 5, 3-4pm
Where Do I Start My Library Research? (20-min sessions)
1. Overview of the Libraries
2. Finding Credible Sources
3. Using Online Catalogs
July 6, 11-12n
Power Searching (20-min sessions)
1. Ten Keys to Mastering Database Searching
3. Digital Dissertations
July 7, 12n-1pm
Newspaper Collections (20-min sessions)
1. Historical Newspaper Collections
2. Current Newspaper Collections
3. Alternative Press Collections
July 11, 3-4pm
Dropbox, Images, and Microfilm (20-min sessions)
1. Dropbox Online File Storage
2. Image Databases
3. Microfilm Collections
July 12, 3-4pm
Organizing Scholarly Content (20-min sessions)
1. An Overview of Citation Management Software
2. Making All of Your Research Materials Electronic
3. Organizing and Annotating with Adobe Acrobat
July 13, 3-4pm
Organizing and Analyzing Textual Data (20-min sessions)
1. FileMaker Pro
3. NVIVO Qualitative Analysis Software