The Columbia Libraries, a CRL membership library, encourages researchers, faculty and librarians to submit a nomination to the Center for Research Libraries Primary Source Awards.
The Primary Source Awards are an annual juried competition designed to recognize and publicize librarians, teachers, and researchers whose innovative use of CRL primary source materials result in activities and initiatives that:
- Use or promote use of primary source materials in specific research projects and research methodologies
- Employ primary source materials in the classroom, curricular planning, teaching methods, or student advisory role
- Facilitate access to primary source materials
- Support research and the creation of new knowledge or innovative research methods and techniques
What’s in it for you? A gift certificate to Powell’s Books, the infamous book shop in Portland, OR (and online) if your project is selected as a winner. The nominators of the winning projects stand to win an iPod Touch.
Explore unique primary source materials available online or for extended loan from CRL.
Want to learn more about primary sources at Columbia? Try one of these libraries, or search the Archival Collections Portal.
- Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library
- The Burke Library at Union Theological Seminary
- Center for Human Rights Documentation and Research
- Columbia University Archives
- Health Sciences Library
- Oral History Research Office
- Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Starr East Asian Library